Monday, December 10, 2012

YMCA Memberships Free while on Title 10 orders!

The YMCA has an amazing program if it works for you! While your spouses is deployed/Title 10 orders you can get a free membership, they go for 6 months and then renew for 6 months if you hold up your end of the bargain. When you take the membership you agree to go at least 8 times a month (basically twice a week). 

That doesn't seem like that much and it is amazing program. I signed up the last time my husband deployed but for us the nearest Y was 20 miles away (almost as close as the nearest gym that's 15 miles) so I figured no biggie. Unfortunately at 5 months postpartum it just didn't happen. I will say that it was a fabulous place to do my sons birthday party, they swam for an hour and then we had an hour in the room for a few games cake and presents, and there was no cleaning on my part, so that's an excellent resource to keep in mind!

You can get more information about the YMCA here and how to sign up. It was pretty easy!
http://www.asymca.org/index.php/what-we-do-3/national-programs-services/ymca-military-outreach-initiative/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful!