Monday, December 10, 2012

Professional Photos by local photographers for deployed/deploying military!



Operation Love Reunited provides 2 photo sessions for families of deployed soldiers to a certain combat zones. The above photo was one taken shortly before my husband left for Afghanistan on his last deployment.

The two session consist of a pre-deployment or during deployment photo shoot (not both). They are to be patriotic in theme and if the service member is present in uniform. I actually really liked this requirement because my husband is VERY handsome in uniform yet I have hardly any good pictures of him in it. The second photo shoot is a homecoming shoot.

From the first shoot a small pocketbook will be made of the photos and sent to the service member directly. The program is meant to be a morale booster for them so the photographers are NOT allowed to give you the photo books. Many do optionally offer discounts and these vary from photographer to photographer. Mine at the time offered a 50%  discount off her hefty fee, the CD still cost me $250 dollars, but the pictures were amazing and priceless, I think she may actually be more now.

I have not only been a participant in the program I have also been a photographer for it, and it truly is a very rewarding program!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful!