Monday, December 10, 2012

Photo Quilts for children of Deployed Servicemembers

Operation Kid Comfort is a program through the Armed Services YMCA.  They make the cutest quilts or pillows depending on the age of the child, 7 and above receive the pillows.

This is a lengthy process but it is well worth it! We requested our quilts in August and our name came up in October, so they are still being made now in December. So request it AS SOON as you can. When you get those orders and have the pictures ready! I knew it was coming for a few months ahead so I started collecting photos, and I even took the kids out and took some new ones with their dad right before he left to include with them. I also used photos from his previous deployment that Op Love Reunited took (more on that in the next post!).

These will be a true treasure for years to come, so I strongly encourage everyone to get the requests in. It doesn't take much time at all. IF for some reason your photos won't upload, email them right away! I had this issue during the last deployment and just let it go when I shouldn't have, but I tired again and had the same issue, but I was able to get an email response about it very quickly then was able to email in my photos.

SO what are you waiting for go request yours now! http://www.asymca.org/index.php/what-we-do-3/national-programs-services/operation-kid-comfort/okc-quilt-request/

The link takes you to the online request form for families NOT near any of these locations...

ASYMCA of Alaska
Camp Pendleton ASYMCA
Southeast Family ASYMCA
Fort Bragg/Pope AFB ASYMCA
Watertown Family YMCA
Killeen ASYMCA
ASYMCA of Missouri
Junction City ASYMCA
Honolulu ASYMCA
San Diego ASYMCA

If you are near one of them then you need to request your quilt from that location directly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful!