Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tip of the Day-Register at your Nearest Base!

TIP of the day!  Your probably thinking but the nearest base isn't my branch! It doesn't matter!!!!

Did you know you can register with the "Family" center of your nearest base! For instance, I am an Army wife but my nearest Army base is FAR away, an Air Force base is the closest. So one day I took myself on base and went to the Airmen Family Readiness Center (AFRC) and asked to register with them.

Yes I felt a little silly asking at the gate where the family place was, and the guard looked at me puzzled for a minute. He figured it out and directed me there. After I got over that I went in.

They put me on the list for emails and I was connected to this base. When my husband last deployed they took good care of me, even though I was Army they treated me like their own! It was a great way to get clued into family and community events for the Military! There are all kinds of events that happen throughout the year on every base, you usually can participate even if your NOT part of that branch. Christmas time is HUGE to be connected! I can easily think of at least four events I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't gotten over my shyness and did this.

So here is your task for the week. Go to your nearest base and register with the family center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful!