Thursday, July 19, 2012

Introduction

There are so many blogs, facebook pages/groups, and websites out there for Military families. One of the common threads though is they seem to be always geared towards the Active Duty (AD) side of life. The difficulty with this is that is just one portion of our military. The reserves are very much an active component of the US Military day to day operations. Their families face many challenges when their husbands and fathers are away and unfortunately a lot of the resources are not as handy when they go to deploy. There are always a lot of questions and not a lot of answers or people to turn to for those answers. TIP: As I come across resources I always compile a word document that I keep for later. My husband may not be deployed at the time I find it, but we all know he probably will be at some point!

I started this blog to help all the wives know they are not alone and also to help if they have questions they need answered, I will always do my best to find the answer, and I am very resourceful!

A little about me! My name is Tiffany I am an Army wife, Arny Reserves Wife that is! My husband has been in for several years and has deployed multiple times over those years. He is in the company of the majority of Active Duty families with the frequency that he now deploys. Most recently he wasn't even home a year in between.

We have two beautiful children that due feel the effects of the deployments as well and I do everything I can to ease that burden. You can join me on my journey to find ways to keep them connected to their father.

I am now a stay at home mom but I was a working mom during these deployments. Thankfully, with some budgeting and couponing I have been fortunate enough to make that transition for my kids sake. I do know both of these paths have very unique challenges and I will do what I can to address both of them for you!

If you ever have any suggestions you can comment or email me at thereservistswife@yahoo.com

                                  Follow me on Facebook HERE The Reservists Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments respectful!